In 1913, after the death of Chinese aviation pioneer Li Baozhen, when he was buried in Nanjing, his relics contained a Japanese-made projector and film produced by a hand-cranked generator. Therefore, the “Yongfutang” in Gongchuan Yangyu became the earliest place to show films in Yongan.
In 1918, an American doctor at Christian Yanping Tupirile Hospital took a movie machine to tour the Maoping area. During the War of Resistance Against Japan, the Southeast Division of the U.S. Embassy's Information Office (in Yong'an) and the Cultural Services Department of the Provincial Department of Education screened anti-Japanese films at the Zhongshan Memorial Hall, Maoping and Jishan. The above film screenings are temporary public welfare activities, and the venue is simple. Movie theaters with a real business significance and a certain fixed seat have been around since 1949.
Here is only a brief description of the changes in the movie theaters in Yongan District.
In June 1951, Yang Shangda, an overseas Chinese who returned from the Philippines, brought two 16 mm and one 35 mm (referred to as the width of the copy, referred to as the model) projectors, moved from Xiamen to Yongan, leased the venue to set up a public cinema. In October 1952, the public cinema moved to the local stock exchange on Fuxing Road. The place is a wooden structure tile house with 550 seats, all with long backrest chairs, plus additional benches on both sides, for a total of 710 seats. This is Yongan's earliest professional cinema. In 1953, the public theater was closed due to Yang Shangda's departure. The Culture and Education Department of the Yong'an Office decided to take over the private public theater and restructure it into a state-owned company.
On January 1, 1954, the state-run Yong'an County People's Theater was officially opened on the original site of the public theater. This was the first state-run movie theater in Yong'an.
On October 1, 1958, the newly built People's Theater was completed and opened. It is located on Yanjiang Middle Road (now the square in front of Xinhuadu Supermarket). It is a brick-concrete structure with a construction area of 1169.14 square meters and 1,000 seats. Ten thousand yuan, using the newly purchased domestic "Tianji brand" 35mm landline, 9 staff.
In 1967, the facade of the People ’s Theater was destroyed by the “Shu Tong” font on the facade of the people ’s theater. Until 1975, the name of the hospital was restored by writing in Xing Kai. In June 1988, due to the long-term disrepair of the people's theater, the site was not adapted to the development of the situation, and it was rebuilt with a fund of 700,000 yuan, with a building area of 1567.5 square meters and 1,034 seats. In 1994, due to the impact of diversified cultural and entertainment activities, the people's theater business deteriorated and could not continue to operate. Therefore, on December 23, it signed a lease contract with Yong'an Juax Entertainment Co., Ltd. to transform the front hall, audience hall and other places into higher The grade of the amusement city, the lease period is 5 years, and the people's theater will stop film projection business from January 1, 1995. The "Big Axe" amusement city was listed to replace the People's Theater. After the business boom, the benefits gradually declined, coupled with the strengthening of cultural market management, it was difficult to continue business. The Yong'an Municipal Government decided to demolish the people's theater and Xinhua bookstore, cultural center, library and other buildings, and re-developed the city's science and technology building. The vast majority of the employees of the people's theater receive living expenses. The original plan and design of the second floor was a movie theater. Later, due to changes in circumstances, the people's theater became history since 2000.
South Gate Theater
In 1959, the Yong'an County Film and Television Management Office transformed the Taoyuan Theater of Taohe Road into a place where movies can be shown. It was named Yanjiang Film Theater, which is a movie and theater theater. The seat is a long chair. There are more than 800 seats in the pool and the building. . Opened in 1960 only for more than 8 months, the slab wall appeared inclined, that is, the construction was closed. After the construction of this wooden-framed theater in 1961, a 35mm "Yangtze River" brand mobile projection equipment was added to replace the original 16mm projector made in West Germany. In July 1966, after the start of the Cultural Revolution, the Yanjiang Theater was closed, and the venue was used as a large-scale critical venue for the "Five Realms" (culture, education, sports, health, publicity) to carry out sports. In 1970, the Yong'an County Revolutionary Committee decided to hand over all the construction facilities of Yanjiang Cinema to Yongan County Motor Factory for free, and Yanjiang Cinema was withdrawn. In 1979, the County Revolutionary Committee decided to take back the casting workshop of the Yongan County Motor Factory, which was the former Yanjiang Film Theater site, because there were only two movie screening places (People's Theater, Workers, Peasants and Soldiers Theater) in the urban area, which could not meet the needs of the people to watch movies. Rebuilding the cinema. The main building was completed on December 29, 1980. The facade has three floors, a building area of 1,300 square meters, and 1,146 fixed seats. On New Year's Day in 1981, it was named the South Gate Theater and officially opened. Due to inadequate stage equipment, in fact, it was only able to carry out movie projection business. In January 1993, the Yong'an Culture Bureau made a "Decision on the Cancellation of the Nanmen Theater" based on the operating conditions of the Nanmen Theater, which has reached 500,000 yuan, and the spirit of the minutes of the January 14, 1993 meeting of the municipal government. The city film company was entrusted to manage it in front of the commercial house, and the staff of the South Gate Theater was diverted to various units of the cultural system. Then the city film company invested 120,000 yuan to transform the theater's venue into a "South Gate Entertainment Park" for operating laser films. Based on the film screening, it focused on the operation of the ballroom. On December 5, the South Gate Theater site was sold to Sanming Minfa Securities Co., Ltd. As a stock trading place.
Wing On Cinema
The former site of Yong'an Cinema is in the high-flying section, and it is now at the east end of Yongle Road. In the early days of liberation, there was an old wooden auditorium, which was renamed the People's Auditorium after being renovated. In addition to meeting, it was also used as a venue for cultural performances. In May 1959, the Yong'an County Theater Management Office was established. In June, the County Bureau of Culture and Education decided to change the people's auditorium to Yong'an Theater upon request. In October 1966, at the urging of some school red guards, the rebels of the Peking Opera Troupe of Yong'an County piled costume costumes, props, scripts and signs of the Yong'an Theater at the entrance of the theater to ashes. The theater business was paralyzed and became a place of great criticism. Later, it was renamed the Workers, Peasants and Soldiers Theater. In August 1977, a machine room was added to the theater for workers, peasants and soldiers, and the film projection business was officially launched. On May 1, 1981, the Workers, Peasants and Soldiers Theater was renamed Beimen Theater. On April 25, 1982, due to years of disrepair, the main beam of the ceiling of the auditorium of the audience hall was broken, and its business was suspended until it was demolished. On October 1, 1984, the North Gate Movie Theater was demolished and rebuilt, and its name was changed to Yongan Movie Theater. The newly-built Yongan Theater has a construction area of 4,300 square meters, 1,070 seats, and a seven-story facade. The cost is more than 1 million yuan. After 1990, the operating efficiency began to decline year by year. Although measures such as improving the quality of screenings (metal screens), reforming auditoriums (boxes), and leasing of some venues have been adopted, they have not been able to escape from the predicament. In the planning and construction of the municipal government, the municipal government decided to demolish the Yongan Theater and develop another commercial project.
Stereo Movies (Ximen Theater)
In view of the rapid development of the film industry, in 1979, the Yongan County Party Committee and County Government decided to build a new movie theater, and the provincial film company allocated 360,000 yuan to the Yongan City Film Management Station to support the construction of the theater. Groundbreaking started in 1980 at the Baxi River at the head of Ximen Bridge. After half of the project was completed, construction was suspended at the end of 1983 due to insufficient funds. At the end of 1988, the municipal government decided to continue building this water theater. The main project was completed in 1989, with a building area of 4,150 square meters, 900 seats and a cost of 1.2 million yuan. Purchased a set of stereo projection equipment and became the first stereo theater in Sanming area. After opening the business, it did not last long, and the attendance rate was poor. Therefore, it was necessary to develop the tertiary industry. Although the video and dance halls were contracted and leased, it was still difficult to maintain daily expenses and repay the arrears of the city film company. In early 2003, the city government decided to demolish the stereo cinema and build a parking lot, which began to be demolished in June.
Movie company screening room
In February 1962, the Yongan County Theater Management Office was renamed the Yongan County Film Management Station, in August 1971 it was renamed the Yongan County Film Work Station, and it was renamed the Yongan County Film Management Station on June 15, 1979. Its office is still located in the People's Theater. In July 1979, a four-floor office building with a building area of 1,315 square meters on South Yanjiang Road was completed, and the county film management station was moved from the People's Theater to the new building. In April 1980, in accordance with the spirit of the State Council Document (1979) No. 198, the Yongan County Film Management Station was renamed the Yongan County Film Distribution and Projection Company. The third floor on the north side of the company's office building is a projection hall with 100 seats, which is used for test machine viewing and external unit conference movie screening. With the development of the reform and opening up situation, tickets will be opened to show movies, and then laser films will be screened. The back seat was changed to a saloon. Due to the overall downturn in the film industry, the auditorium was finally rented out for video screening. In the boom of commercial housing development in 1998, the city film company building was demolished.
The movie theaters in Yong'an have made contributions in propaganda and education, prospering the people's culture, and building civilization. They have written a brilliant page on social and economic benefits. For example, the People's Theater showed 407 movies in 1954, with an audience of 162,051 people; in 1984, when Yongan pulled out of the county, it showed 2599 shows, with 16,976,622 people; the box office income was 270,849 yuan. In the new era of reform and opening up, all other theaters have achieved the best results in various indicators, which are not mentioned here one by one.
After the aforesaid film facilities are demolished, the property economy will be returned to the municipal finance, and the personnel will still be managed by the Municipal Culture and Sports Bureau. On November 18, 2004, the city government started the construction of the sports and leisure center in the old stadium site. At the same time, a movie theater was constructed. After completion, it was contracted and operated by the investor, and was named the China Theater. In 2009, the staff of the movie projection unit in Yong'an City was transferred to the administration of the Municipal Radio, Film and Television Bureau. According to the requirements of the superiors and the municipal government, do a good job in resettlement and establishment of posts, and at the same time, set up 11 rural film projection teams to go deep into the townships and administrative villages to ensure the implementation of the "2131" project so that the general public can see the film. By 2013, the tasks have been overfulfilled every year and good social benefits have been achieved.